Who We Are
Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation (HPARC) and the Hemisfair Conservancy are working together to redevelop and activate the site of the 1968 World’s Fair into a series of three parks in the heart of San Antonio.
In 2009, the San Antonio City Council established HPARC, a 501(c)3 nonprofit local government corporation that is governed by a 13-member board comprised of local stakeholders and two City executive staff members. Board members provide direction to Hemisfair staff and are appointed by the San Antonio City Council to serve four-year terms. HPARC is responsible for acquiring property, planning, developing, constructing, managing, maintaining and financing projects at Hemisfair.
In addition to environmental and cultural sustainability, Hemisfair has a goal of becoming financially self-sustaining. The Hemisfair Conservancy, an independent 501(c)3 with its own board of directors, was created to raise, manage and allocate philanthropic dollars for parks improvement projects through generous contributions from a broad variety of individual donors, family foundations, corporations and other grant-making sources.
Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation Board of Directors
- Rod Radle Chair Retired
- Juan Landa Vice Chair Managing Director, Avalon Advisors, LLC
- Cara DeAnda Treasurer Chief Financial Officer, Versa Development/Galaxy Builders
- Cynthia Lee Secretary Broker, KW Commercial
- Corina Castillo-Johnson Senior Counsel, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Melissa Chamrad Owner, Duke Development Services
- Tracy Hammer President, Stanley Hammer & Co.
- Sue Ann Pemberton, FAIA, FAPT President, Mainstreet Architects Inc. Director, University of Texas at San Antonio Center for Architectural Engagement
- Kristi Wyatt Associate Vice Chancellor of Communications and Engagement, Alamo Colleges District Office of Communications
- Steve Yndo Owner, Yndo Urban
- Lori Houston Ex Officio Assistant City Manager, City of San Antonio
- Ben Gorzell Ex Officio Chief Financial Officer, City of San Antonio
Hemisfair Conservancy Board of Directors
- Sandra Nannini Chair Eastern Region Business Initiatives Consultant, Wells Fargo
- Teri Grubb Immediate Past Chair Senior Director | Leadership at CAPTRUST
- Ben Pressentin Treasurer SVP, Market President, BB&T
- Marshall T. Steves, III Secretary Manager, Steves Doors
- John Asel Chairman and Managing Member, Asel & Associates, PLLC
- John Eadie Founder and Managing Director, Covenant Multifamily Offices, LLC
- Ivan Jaime Sr. Director – Public Affairs, Union Pacific Railroad
- Craig Leighton Financial Investments Entrepreneur
- Josefina Longoria Writer
- Howard Lutz SVP, Intercontinental Wealth Advisors
- Katie Reynolds Director of Corporate Affairs, Silver Eagle Distributors
- Sara Stumberg Walker Entrepreneur and Community Volunteer
- Andres Andujar CEO Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation
- Anne Krause Executive Director Hemisfair Conservancy