Welcome to Hemisfair—it’s home, no matter where you’re from. With one complete public park and two more on the way, Hemisfair has something for everyone.
Hours of Operation
Hemisfair is open— rain or shine— seven days a week, from 5 a.m. until midnight.
Note: Yanaguana Garden remains open for those seeking fresh air and exercise, but all must observe safe social distancing of at least 6 feet from others. All splash pads and playground equipment are currently closed in accordance with the City of San Antonio’s emergency order. More information at sanantonio.gov/covid19.
Hemisfair parking is available at several lots located nearby. Please be courteous of other drivers and cautious of pedestrians (especially little ones) while you search for parking.
- The ’68 Garage
- First 30 minutes free!
- 238 spaces
- Card only
- South Alamo Street Lot
- Rates start at $2 / 30 minutes
- 60 spaces
- Martinez Street Lot
- Rates start at 50¢ / 30 minutes
- 50 spaces
A portion of the fees collected at these locations contributes to keeping Hemisfair beautiful and park programming free.
Be aware that parking rates and availability vary with special events.
Hemisfair is designed to accommodate all ages and abilities.
By reintroducing complete streets to the district, all modes of transportation—pedestrian, wheelchair, stroller, bicycle and vehicle— can easily connect to park areas and surrounding neighborhoods. Free parking is available in the S. Alamo and Martinez Street lots for any vehicle with disabled license plates.
Hemisfair’s public restrooms are ADA-compliant and wheelchair accessible. An additional accommodation restroom is open for public use from 10 a.m.-6 p.m. every Friday through Sunday. The restroom, which provides an adult-sized changing table for individuals weighing 60-350 lbs., is located inside Hemisfair’s business office at 630 E. Nueva and can be accessed through a park-facing external door.
Yanaguana Garden was created with the diverse needs of the community in mind. The park is engineered for easy navigation of wheelchairs and includes a ramped entrance, soft surfaces, an accessible water fountain and adaptable play elements.
Hemisfair is easily accessed by public transit, including VIA’s VIVA Culture and VIVA Missions routes.
VIA Routes serving Hemisfair: 11, 26, 30, 40, 54, 230
- Stop 11269 at E. César E. Chávez Blvd and S. Alamo
- Stop 11263 at E. César E. Chávez Blvd and S. Alamo
- Stop 57961 Yanaguana Garden Entrance at S. Alamo
- Stop 91666 at S. Alamo and E. Nueva
- Stop 91276 at S. Alamo across from Hilton Palacio Del Rio
- Stop 91667 at S. Alamo and E. Nueva
- Stop 91957 at S. Alamo and Arciniega
Though bicycles, e-bikes, scooters and skateboards are not permitted on sidewalks inside the parks, alternative modes of transportation are encouraged to, from and through Hemisfair’s complete streets.
Bike racks are placed throughout Yanaguana Garden for those riding their bikes from home.
Three nearby SWell Cycle stations are available for hourly and daily bike rentals. Additionally, scooters and e-bikes from Bird and Razor can be located through their respective apps.
Whether you’re taking in a show at the Magik Theatre or planning a field trip to play at Yanaguana Garden, let us know if your school group is heading to Hemisfair. It’s not necessary to tell us ahead of time, but we’re always interested in which schools are stopping by, how many visitors we can expect and how we can make your experience delightful. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hemisfair and all San Antonio parks are tobacco- and smoke-free as of June 1, 2019 according to City ordinance.
- Pets are welcome but must be kept on a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- Pets are not allowed in the water features.
- As a courtesy to all, keep loud music to a minimum.
- Riding bicycles, scooters and skateboards is prohibited on sidewalks.
- Fireworks, open flames, barbecue grills, piñatas and glass containers are prohibited.
- Wine and beer are allowed in the park, but no liquor. Alcohol must be in a can or container. For the safety of park guests, we do not allow glass containers.
- Outside food is permitted. Forgot your snack? Check out Chocollazo, CommonWealth Coffeehouse & Bakery, Dough Pizzeria Napoletana or Paleteria San Antonio.