What: This weekend, Hemisfair is celebrating having more than 100,000 visitors to Yanaguana Garden in less than 10 weeks in operation since the Grand Opening, October 2-4, 2015.
When: Today would be the perfect day to cover the event. Media is encouraged to visit the park 12/20 and engage with thousands of visitors about their experiences, the frequency of their visits and what they love about Yanaguana Garden! Hemisfair staff will be available this afternoon and evening including tonight when the park is fully lit, perfect for a live interview segment.
- All-time busiest day: 10,000 on October 3 (Grand Opening)
- Weekly: Huge crowds from all over San Antonio, averaging 8400 visitors a week!
- Numbers only expected to increase with upcoming special events (New Year’s, TX Independence Day, July 4) and new business Q1 2016
- Recently announced P3 will bring affordable housing and hundreds of new parking spaces, too!
- With the Magik Theatre, almost 300 different school groups has visited the theatre and the park!
- 92% of visitors surveyed have given the park the highest possible rating of “Excellent.”
- From survey data, visitors from 48 zip codes across San Antonio and beyond are represented
- Visitors to the park also include international guests from as far away as Denmark, Scotland, India and Germany!
What’s Next? Hemisfair will be home to the Fireworks over the Tower of the Americas for New Year’s, expected to draw 250,000 visitors from all over the city. There was some confusion about whether or not they would still be at the Tower and we want folks to know YES THEY WILL! Hemisfair is hosting a private event to raise funds for park operations and improvements. Tickets are available for private seating on our Great Deck complete with champagne service, coffee, heaters and food.