Hemisfair is currently seeking to fill the position of Event Program Specialist.
The Event Program Specialist (EPS)will report to the Assistant Director of Events and be responsible for the content used in base programming at Hemisfair. Base programming is recurring programming with offerings that support the arts, literacy, STEM and cognitive play. The EPS will work collaboratively to deliver engaging, exceptional experiences to park visitors. The EPS is responsible for the organization and the relationship maintenance of the partners who will participate in programming. The EPS will work hand in hand with the Events Coordinator to execute programming. The EPS will assist in the development and update of new programs and resources. Secondary duties include assisting with departmental activities such as outreach education programs, cultural events, fairs/festivals and special events which may take place during the day, evenings and weekends.
• Plans and develops programming content for Hemisfair
• Researches and identifies opportunities to streamline or improve existing programs in alignment with department budget and grant guidelines
• Responsible for writing and editing programming materials
• Work effectively as a member of a team with a wide range of audiences and colleagues in a professional manner
• Develop draft budgets for approval and track expenses related to programming initiatives and reports as necessary to ensure fiscal management of the overall program and grant management
• Oversee programming partners day of activation
• Collaborates with the Hemisfair Conservancy to support information requests for grant management
• Participate in community outreach initiatives related to programming
• Support staff in completing milestones and deliverables
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Characteristics
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Collaborative and willing to help others
• Ability to execute multiple tasks on time
• Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in representing Hemisfair
• Ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively and efficiently
• Experience with parks or non-profits a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in education, science, or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
• At least one year of prior experience in a similar field
Position will remain open until filled. Initial resume submission deadline is April 19, 2019.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
To see the full job posting, click here.
Hemisfair Park Area Redevelopment Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.