Hemisfair is currently seeking to fill the position of Event Coordinator.
The Event Coordinator (EC) will assist the Hemisfair Operations and Events Manager in meeting with prospective clients regarding third party events and manage the logistical work needed to book an event at Hemisfair. The EC will manage the event calendar to ensure there are no conflicts between events, rentals, base programming and our tenants, and coordinate communications. They will help create and manage event standards, prospectuses and volunteers. The EC will also assist as needed with day of set up and execution of any park activation and vendor management. The EC is required to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, holidays and during events.
The EC will perform a variety of tasks requiring leadership, communication, resourcefulness, organization, flexibility, creativity and a strong understanding of quality. The EC will report to Events Manager.
- Preliminary site walk-throughs with event clients to determine event space functionality, fit, scope and compatibility with regards to our “use of space” requirements
- Review event submissions prior to sending to the Events Manager
- Maintain Hemisfair overall event and community calendars
- Maintain vendor catalog, preferred vendor list and “vet” new vendors as
- Create event prospectus for each event
- Coordinate event support logistics
- Create volunteer programs, including recruitment, retention of corporate,
community groups and individuals to support park activation
- Assist with activation and programming as needed
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Collaborative and willing to help others
- Energy, enthusiasm and confidence in representing Hemisfair
- Ability to prioritize and manage tasks effectively and efficiently
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, creativity, multitasking and
attention to detail
- Experience with parks or public projects, real estate development, or urban
planning a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university preferred
- At least three years’ experience in event creation, coordination and execution
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and other Office products
A competitive wage with benefits will be offered for this position based upon the successful candidate’s education, skills and experience. The position is flexible and offers an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues in a downtown historic building. Salary will range between $38,000 to $45,000, commensurate with experience.