Paws in the Park
Mar 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
Dogs love Hemisfair, and we love dogs! Bring your furry companion to Paws in the Park on Saturday, March 21 for a barking good time, sponsored by AmeriVet Veterinary Partners. There are plenty of vendors and activities onsite to get the paw-ty started, including:
- Stretch your legs (and your dog’s, too!) during Puppy Yoga with Blue Cat Yoga & Healing Arts
- Your pup will be stylin’ in a special dog bandana screenprinted onsite by Manola & Maria while supplies last
- Play fetch with Hemisfair tennis ball giveaways for the first 100 dogs
- Listen to live music by Texas singer and songwriter Bonnie Lang
- Enjoy puppy paletas from Paleteria San Antonio, while supplies last
- Make a pawprint flower bouquet using your dog’s prints for a special keepsake
- Create a DIY a cloth rope toy for the perfect game of tug-o-war
- Smile for the camera in front of a photobooth constructed by Dru Photography
- Pretend to be a pet! Create a dog or cat mask to match your favorite furry friend
- Take home a new friend thanks to San Antonio Pets Alive! and Animal Defense League adoptions
- Additional vendors include: Pawderosa Ranch, Lucy’s Doggy Daycare & Spa, Scooped Cookie Dough Bar, Pup Pup And Away, Southpaw Waggery, My Lucky Dog Spa, Pet Supplies Plus, Willie & Roo, and author Deborah McDonald with her children’s book, The Beagle Boys: Jake and Milo: Strange Noises in the Woods.
- Make sure to stop by Hemisfair’s onsite tenants for a special treat during a Pup Crawl from 6-8 p.m.! Participating locations include Blue Cat Yoga & Healing Arts, Chocollazo and Dough Pizzeria Napoletana. Look for the Hemisfair flags.
As part of the fun, Dog Friendly San Antonio will host a spring-themed pet costume contest during Paws in the Park! The festival is free, but registration for the costume contest is required. Costume categories are Best Spring Look, Best Owner-Doggy Duo and Best in Show, with one winner in each category. Group costumes require a Dog Pack ticket. Register your dog here!