Apr 07 @ 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Hemisfair is turning 50 and this whole weekend is about CELEBRATION! Join us Saturday for an all-day festival of heritage and culture!
- Luminaria Presents: Castro with Etondo, a Windhoek, Namibia band combining traditional Shambo music with Reggae and Afropop compositions!
- Common Currents 1968 will be open at the Mexican Cultural Institute featuring Jose Dávila, Rocío Sáenz, and Roberto Rébora!
- MOMOPOMPA exhibit at UNAM!
- Retro 60s Car Show at the Tower of the Americas!
- Institute of Texan Cultures featuring two exhibits “VIVA Hemisfair” and “VIVA ITC”!
- Institute of Texan Cultures “Reboot, Rewind” Gala from 8pm-12am Get Your Tickets Here!
- Yanaguana Garden Activities Highlights:
- Cultural zones showcasing food, performances, music and art from : La Familia Cortez, Pasha, American Indians in Texas, Cookie CRAVE, Dom’s Chopped Salsa, Whole Foods, Beethoven Maennerchor, Fiesta City Chorus, Aqua Acro Entertainment, Southwest School of Art, Blue Star, AyeQueCute, Grupo Folklorico de Bendiciones, DJ Mayhem, Ballet Conservatory, The Best of Diwali and so much more!
- Artist Rob the Original designing in our sand play area (featured on the Queen Latifah show, ESPN’s SportsCenter and Spurs Insider on Fox)
- Community Housing Resource Partners will be hosting a “Block Party”, constructing a life-size house made of Everblocks. They are demonstrating home-life stability and its impact on child’s like – one block at a time.
- Art installation by native Texan Anne Wallace showcasing the district before HemisFair ’68.
- Earn-A-Bike bamboo bike demonstrations
- Kite workshops by BRIDGES
- Gardening workshops by Gardopia Gardens.
- A Maker’s Village will live inside the Hilton Pavilion from 12pm-5pm showcasing San Antonio’s connection to the technology of tomorrow!
- The Film Commission in partnership with the Tricenntennial presents a showing of “ Viva Max” set to begin at sundown on the Great Lawn of Yanaguana Garden
Thanks to our Partners: